Canine rehabilitation is a growing alternative treatment method that helps dogs recover from or manage a variety of conditions. Like physical therapy for human beings, canine rehabilitation is a specialized field that can powerfully restore a healthy, pain-free life. Given the reasons below, it is possible that your dog could also benefit from canine rehabilitation. If you are in the Baltimore area, please contact us at Everhart Veterinary Medicine!
Conditions That Canine Rehabilitation Can Help
Canine rehabilitation can benefit dogs with various health conditions, including the following:
- Arthritis: One of the best ways to combat arthritic conditions is to exercise the affected areas. Arthritic dogs can benefit from the targeted exercise, especially those recovering from orthopedic surgery.
- Surgery: If your dog is recovering from surgery, it can also help your pet regain and maintain its muscle and range of motion. This non-invasive, drug-free therapy can also speed healing.
- Obesity: Going out for walks and runs can put a significant strain on a dog on a diet. Obese dogs can also suffer from other health conditions. Talk to your vet if canine rehab is a smart option for your pet’s weight loss.
- Neurological issues: A neurological issue can cause a canine to have difficulty controlling the movement of his limbs. Therapy can help manage this condition.
- Chronic Pain: Similar to arthritis, canine rehab can also help manage chronic pain for a healthier and happier life.
Signs Your Pet Needs Canine Rehabilitation
It might not always be obvious if your dog could benefit from canine rehabilitation. If you are wondering if your dog is a good candidate, here are a few indicators he might just be:
- Abnormal movements
- Accidental incontinence
- Hesitancy to walk on slippery floors
- Abnormal behavior, changes in appetite, etc.
- Weakness after surgery
If you notice anything out of the ordinary with your pet, it is always best to consult your veterinarian to make sure all is well.
Types of Canine Rehab Treatments
Everhart Veterinary Medicine houses an excellent canine physical rehabilitation center with different types of treatments available. These include the underwater treadmill, laser therapy, electrical stimulation, and therapeutic ultrasound. Everhart Veterinary Medicine can help you see what might work best for your pet; contact us today!
Trust the Care of Your Pet to the Professionals at Everhart Veterinary Medicine!
At Everhart Veterinary Medicine, our veterinary professionals strive to provide your pet with the very best of veterinary care. We believe that the best care for your pet should be provided by experienced, compassionate, and knowledgeable veterinary professionals. With two Maryland locations in both Baltimore and Pasadena, we are always ready to welcome your pet as a new patient! Give us a call today at 410-355-3131 or 410-793-7670! For more information, as well as updates on veterinary news and topics, visit us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn!